Miami @ Phoenix
Current Records: Miami 24-15; Phoenix 30-8
What to Know
The Miami Heat haven’t won a contest against the Phoenix Suns since Nov. 7 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Saturday. The Heat’s road trip will continue as they head to Footprint Center at 9 p.m. ET to face off against Phoenix. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Miami didn’t have too much breathing room in their game with the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 115-109 win. Miami’s shooting guard Max Strus was one of the most active players for the team, shooting 7-for-13 from downtown and finishing with 25 points, five assists and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Suns strolled past the Los Angeles Clippers with points to spare on Thursday, taking the matchup 106-89. Small forward Cameron Johnson and point guard Chris Paul were among the main playmakers for Phoenix as the former had 24 points along with seven boards and the latter dropped a triple-double on 14 points, 13 boards, and ten dimes. That’s Paul’s first triple-double of the season.
Miami is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
The wins brought Miami up to 24-15 and the Suns to 30-8. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: The Heat come into the contest boasting the fourth fewest points allowed per game in the league at 104.3. As for Phoenix, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.60%, which places them third in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center — Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $28.13
The Suns are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Miami have won seven out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- Apr 13, 2021 – Phoenix 106 vs. Miami 86
- Mar 23, 2021 – Phoenix 110 vs. Miami 100
- Aug 08, 2020 – Phoenix 119 vs. Miami 112
- Nov 07, 2019 – Miami 124 vs. Phoenix 108
- Feb 25, 2019 – Phoenix 124 vs. Miami 121
- Dec 07, 2018 – Miami 115 vs. Phoenix 98
- Mar 05, 2018 – Miami 125 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 08, 2017 – Miami 126 vs. Phoenix 115
- Mar 21, 2017 – Miami 112 vs. Phoenix 97
- Jan 03, 2017 – Phoenix 99 vs. Miami 90
- Mar 03, 2016 – Miami 108 vs. Phoenix 92
- Jan 08, 2016 – Miami 103 vs. Phoenix 95