Through 3 Quarters
Both the Atlanta Hawks and the Miami Heat have kept the scorekeepers busy with 195 between them three quarters in. a win is still up for grabs for either team, but Atlanta is up 99-96
The Hawks have enjoyed the tag-team combination of point guard Trae Young and power forward Danilo Gallinari. The former has 20 points and seven assists, while the latter has 18 points along with four rebounds. Those points put Gallinari near his season high of 20. One thing to keep an eye out for is John Collins’ foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Miami has been relying on the performance of small forward Jimmy Butler, who has dropped a double-double on 19 points and ten assists.
The Heat haven’t lost 86% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a victory here would be refreshing.
Atlanta @ Miami
Current Records: Atlanta 17-23; Miami 26-15
What to Know
The Miami Heat will be returning home after a six-game road trip. Miami and the Atlanta Hawks will face off in a Southeast Division battle at 8 p.m. ET on Friday at FTX Arena. The Heat are out to keep their six-game home win streak alive.
Atlanta is out to make up for these teams’ matchup on Wednesday. Miami took their game against Atlanta by a conclusive 115-91 score. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Miami had established an 86-67 advantage. They can attribute much of their success to point guard Tyler Herro, who almost dropped a triple-double on 21 points, 11 dimes, and nine rebounds.
The Heat are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a four-game streak of ATS wins.
Miami is now 26-15 while the Hawks sit at 17-23. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Miami comes into the game boasting the fourth fewest points allowed per game in the league at 103.9. Less enviably, Atlanta has allowed their opponents to shoot 46.80% from the floor on average, which is the fifth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Atlanta.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: FTX Arena — Miami, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports – Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $36.26
The Heat are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Heat, as the game opened with the Heat as a 3.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Miami have won 14 out of their last 24 games against Atlanta.
- Jan 12, 2022 – Miami 115 vs. Atlanta 91
- Apr 23, 2021 – Atlanta 118 vs. Miami 103
- Mar 02, 2021 – Atlanta 94 vs. Miami 80
- Feb 28, 2021 – Miami 109 vs. Atlanta 99
- Feb 20, 2020 – Atlanta 129 vs. Miami 124
- Dec 10, 2019 – Miami 135 vs. Atlanta 121
- Oct 31, 2019 – Miami 106 vs. Atlanta 97
- Oct 29, 2019 – Miami 112 vs. Atlanta 97
- Mar 04, 2019 – Miami 114 vs. Atlanta 113
- Jan 06, 2019 – Atlanta 106 vs. Miami 82
- Nov 27, 2018 – Atlanta 115 vs. Miami 113
- Nov 03, 2018 – Atlanta 123 vs. Miami 118
- Apr 04, 2018 – Miami 115 vs. Atlanta 86
- Apr 03, 2018 – Miami 101 vs. Atlanta 98
- Dec 18, 2017 – Atlanta 110 vs. Miami 104
- Oct 23, 2017 – Miami 104 vs. Atlanta 93
- Feb 24, 2017 – Miami 108 vs. Atlanta 90
- Feb 01, 2017 – Miami 116 vs. Atlanta 93
- Dec 07, 2016 – Atlanta 103 vs. Miami 95
- Nov 15, 2016 – Atlanta 93 vs. Miami 90
- Feb 19, 2016 – Miami 115 vs. Atlanta 111
- Jan 31, 2016 – Miami 105 vs. Atlanta 87
- Dec 14, 2015 – Miami 100 vs. Atlanta 88
- Nov 03, 2015 – Atlanta 98 vs. Miami 92
Injury Report for Miami
- Markieff Morris: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Marcus Garrett: Out (Covid-19)
- KZ Okpala: Out (Wrist)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Thumb)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Clint Capela: Out (Ankle)
- Kevin Knox II: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Jalen Johnson: Out (Ankle)